Have you heard of the Art Bead Love Tour?
The Art Bead Love Tour is an ongoing project to spread the love of handmade to new and exciting places. It's a way to reach people who may have never stumbled upon your blog on their own, and give them a chance to share the love of handmade. A chain was chosen to link beads as a symbol of how this project links us all together~in our unity to stand behind handmade.
Here is how the chain looked when I got it:
(So remember--you are not winning the ENTIRE chain--just a chance to take some beads from it.)
Here's what I took from the chain (lucky #13 for my birthday on August 13th):
Some of my own porcelain and raku beads:
Ceramic charm and pendant by White Clover Kiln
Ceramic shell pendant by Marla's Mud
Ceramic charm pair by Elaine Ray
Lampwork flower and orange bead by Dragonfly Beads
Blue swirl lampwork bead by Molten Mayhem
Lampwork heart and tab bead by Buddy and McGurk Beads
Enameled Butterfly Charm by Gardanne Glass
Polymer pendant by Lynn Davis
And a polymer bead from an artist who I met at a fine art show but sadly can't find her business card in my messy office.
I was inspired by Tania (who had the chain prior to me) to replace more beads than what I took.
Now it's your turn!
I know there's a lot to read, but it's really important!!!
It is so important that the quality of the beads be maintained, so we can keep the Art Bead Love Tour alive. We want to share consistent quality with the next winner. If you make your own handmade beads or components, it's a great way to get your beads into the world for people to try them out, or, if you hoard collect art beads it's a great way to share your collection and get some new additions as well.
(Art Beads should be handmade by an artist, and not mass produced, such as Hill Tribe Silver beads or others like them.)
Remember, the focus is on creating handmade with handmade and beads/components taken should be replaced with beads/components that are made by an indivdual artist not an organization.
Here's where the chain has been:
...and now me!
Here's how it works:
(Please read the entire post before entering.)
1. The winner of the chain will be allowed to take up to 30 beads from this chain. They will then replace each bead they took with another handmade bead, charm or pendant of equal quality.
2. The winner will post pictures of what was taken and what was added, in order to keep an account of the chains progress and to keep our followers drooling. Please be sure to give credit to the bead artists as well (if you know them).
3. The winner will then have a giveaway, just like this one, to keep passing the chain on and on. Rules can be copied and pasted from here.
4. When you repost your giveaway (remember you can copy and paste from here)-a list should be added to show where the chain has gone, with links to each previous blog. Ultimately, this will end up a very long list!
5. Chain must be shipped to its new home via Priority Small Flat Rate box with delivery confirmation. Please package it carefully.
6. There will be a button on the Love My Art Jewelry website that links to the current blog and giveaway-so if you have the chain, it will link to your blog, that way our followers can have another chance to win it.
7. You MUST exchange your beads and have your giveaway completed within two weeks of receiving the chain.
(Please, please, please, if you can not adhere to the above rules, do not enter the giveaway at this time. It will go on and on and you can always enter at a later date.) There will be a button on the side bar of our blog so that you can track where the chain currently is.
Here's How to Enter:
1. You must have a blog to enter.
2. Leave a comment below (make sure your email is linked to your blog or leave it in the comment. Entries without emails will not qualify)
3. Share on Facebook, Twitter or your blog for extra chances to win. Leave a comment for each way you share, with a link if possible.
4. Winner will pay shipping and will be billed through Paypal-small priority flat rate box with delivery confirmation, $6.00.
5. Open only to our readers in the United States-due to problems with tracking and shipping overseas (sorry).
ENTRIES WILL CLOSE ON AUGUST 11TH, 2012
AND WINNER WILL BE DRAWN AUGUST 12TH, 2012